Vegetarian Mushroom Rice Bowl
Feeds : 3 to 4 pax
Time Taken : ½ an hour
Ingredients:• Pink oyster mushrooms from Kin Yan 4 pcs
• Abalone Mushroom from Kin Yan 3 pcs
• King oyster mushrooms from Kin Yan 2 pcs
• Calrose rice 150 gm
• Carrot 1 nos (small)
• Cucumber 1 nos (small)
• Kim chi 50 gm
• Quorn pieces 100 gm
• Ginger 2 slices
• Gochujang 100gm
• Minced garlic 1 clove
• Light soy sauce 70 gm
• Sesame oil 20 gm
• Rice Vinegar 40 gm
• Sugar 20 gm
• Sesame seeds 15 gm
• Light soya sauce For Seasoning
• Sesame Oil For Seasoning
• Spring onion
• Sesame seeds for garish
Steps:1. Wash rice and cook rice to be used later.
2. Peel cucumber and carrots, cut into strips.
3. Cut the mushrooms into slices and keep them separate.
4. In a pan add in a tablespoon of oil to the pan add in 2 slices of ginger to flavour the oil and sautéed the meat pieces. Finish with a teaspoon of light soy and sesame oil. Set aside to be used later.
5. Sautéed mushrooms and set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl add the ingredients for the chilli sauce.
7. Mix the chilli paste, light soy, minced garlic, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and vinegar. This should be well mixed.
8. To plate the dish first scoop rice into a bowl.
9. Arrange vegetables on top of the rice by types.
10. Finish with the dish with a generous drizzle of the chilli sauce and sprinkling of spring onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe by : Chef Marc Wee
Restaurant : Arbite
Address : 66 Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore 555962
Tel : 6287 0430